HOTELS AND RESORTS
Hotels and resorts range from 5 star to 3 star with ultra luxurious grandiose properties awarded 7 star status.
Usually hotels and resorts are owned and operated by affluent businessmen and / or operated by branded chains. Investments in a chain of own hotels could exceed a billion dollars.
The business is dominated by its underlying nature of first being a real estate where land prices appreciate and construction can be redone.
In almost all countries hotels and resorts collect taxes from their guests on their invoices and pay the same to Government at each month end.
Hotels and resorts may have numerous restaurants serving multi- cuisine food, casinos, golf courses, night clubs, indoor and outdoor and undersea sports, pool, spa, beach, auditoriums and banquet halls and could be located amidst cities, religious places, and idyllic tourist places like sea, lakes, beaches, lush mountain and valley view landscapes, snow, ski slopes, desert, etc.
Other business features include intense competition, commissions to various types of agents for bookings, refurbishment of interiors at regular intervals of 4 - 6 years, seasonal trends in tourist flow adversely affecting occupancy and higher operating costs.
Valuation of business, sale of the hotel at a capital gain, change of branded operators are commonly seen in this industry.
- ERP software review and implementation assurance
- Valuation of Business
- Acquisitions, mergers, Demergers, Sale of Business
- Private equity, loan syndication
- Turning around loss making and / or inefficient companies - turnkey and modular
- Ensuring sound financial health
- Improving systems and controls
- Project reports with or without feasibility studies
- Fraud investigations
- Statutory audits
- Internal audits
- Professionally managing a troubled borrower's business as banks monies are at stake