The heart of the global as well as local economy...
They manage billions of dollars of public savings, inter bank deposits, and government monies, lend to large corporates, individuals, SME's as well as government entities.
These are usually owned by government entities or by affluent private sector businesses. They are fairly controlled by a country's federal banking system and are pioneers in laying down monetary policies and rates. Banks could operate globally as multinationals.
They have twin problems of identifying good corporates and SMEs to lend monies and also bear huge bad debts in case of the failure or bankruptcy of the borrower.
They also have to deal daily with foreign currency rate increases and decreases ; industry sector risk limits ; country risk limits, etc.
- ERP software review and implementation assurance
- Valuation of Business
- Acquisitions, Mergers, De-Mergers
- Sale of Business
- Private equity, loan syndication
- Turning around loss making and / or inefficient banks and their borrowers - turnkey and modular
- Ensuring sound financial health
- Improving systems and controls
- Fraud investigations
- Statutory audits
- Internal audits
- Professionally managing a troubled borrower's business as banks monies are at stake